We may also disclose aggregate (not personally identifiable) Customer Information with Service Providers or financial institutions that perform marketing and research services on our behalf and with whom we have joint marketing agreements. Our contracts require all such Service Providers/or financial institutions to protect the confidentiality of your Customer Information to the same extent that we must do. We do not disclose any Customer Information about our customers, former customers, website visitors to anyone, except as permitted or required by law and we do not sell any of your personal information.
Security. We and our Service Providers have developed strict policies and procedures to safeguard your Customer Information. Our policies require confidential treatment of your personal information. We restrict employee access to your personal information on a “need to know” basis and we take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce employee privacy and confidentiality responsibilities. We have established training programs to educate our employees about the importance of customer privacy and to help ensure compliance with our policy requirements.
Furthermore, we and our Service Providers maintain strong physical, electronic and procedural controls to protect against unauthorized access to customer information. Our computer systems are protected in the following ways:
- Computer anti-virus protection detects and prevents viruses from entering our website, email, and computer network systems.
- Firewalls and intrusion prevention systems block unauthorized access by individuals or networks.
- We use encryption technology, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL), to protect the transmission of your confidential information. Whenever you log in to our Internet banking product or schedule an online transaction through our system, the communication is encrypted. Encryption scrambles transferred data so it cannot be read by unauthorized parties.
- We use strong multi-level authentication and behavior analysis to help prevent unauthorized access to your accounts. Multi-level authentication can help prevent access by someone who may have stolen your login credentials.
- We provide secure email to help ensure that your communications with us are confidential.
- We continually monitor technological advances and upgrade our systems to ensure your information remains secure.
Disclosure. We may disclose Your Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the requirements of the law or comply with legal process served on us or the Sites; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our employees and staff, agents, users of our products or services, or members of the public, or (d) effect any merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, in which case you will be provided notice of the following via email and/or a prominent notice on the relevant Site, (i) the change in ownership, (ii) the uses of Your Data in the transaction, and (iii) choices you may have regarding Your Data. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide Your Data to third parties as part of legal process.
WE NEVER SELL PERSONAL INFORMATION. We will never sell your personal information to any third party.
SERVICE PROVIDERS. We employ other companies and people to provide services to website visitors and on occasion we may need to share your information with them. In all cases where we share your information with such agents, we explicitly require the agent to acknowledge and adhere to our policies for Internet privacy.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES. We may use “cookies,” log files, clear gifs or other technologies to help personalize your online experience. For example, a cookie can help us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. Other technologies allow us to determine which email subscribers click through and read our newsletters.
UNSUBSCRIBE FROM OUR COMMUNICATIONS. Our email list is “opt-in,” meaning that you must choose to receive communications from us. This also means that you may unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time, which can be done simply by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our emails or by sending us an email us at email@example.com.